Saturday, May 17, 2008

Today was a landmark for me, in terms of realising my potential. Attending the ASEAN Forum was very..unexpected, in a good way. To be honest, I don't really want to know about ASEAN. However, the forum was very inspiring for brief periods of moment. I've always had this desire to help others ever since attending that YMCA camp back in secondary three. And, I've always wanted to go back for another, but another never did come. Anyhow, I wasn't really sure how this forum would pan out. Fortunately, it was pretty cool. I'm sincerely grateful for today and I can only feel excited for what's to come in life.

No longer is maturity an excuse for my wrongdoings. Before soon, end of year will approach and I'll be turning 17. Now, that kinds of frighten me. It's like looking at a picture of yourself in primary school; wow, I've really grown up. Only yesterday was I struggling to reach for the cookies on the last shelf; hoping for time to fly by so that I'd be an independent adult, able to do things on my own. Days turned to months, and years came by. Now here I am, down the road, still the exact same person, but with a whole new perspective/outlook on life. That's why maturity is tangible. Only you can feel it within you. There's no point in rushing it; it comes naturally when your mind is ready for things greater than you are. Today, I'm so inspired, I feel like flying without wings.